Thread: WI-Roc!
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2018, 08:39 PM
fly'em 'til they don't come back

Default WI-ROC / WrE / 2018 / Finish 3

The lower YELLOW BOOSTER Section will need another coat of paint. Before spraying I take the shine off of gloss paint. In this case I'm using #0 STEEL WOOL.
The WI-ROC will need to have a dedicated altimeter. I chose the JOLLY LOGIC ALTIMETER 2.
It's a simple altimeter that provides lots of flight data and stores it for 100 flights. The battery is rechargable using USB plugs.
I also ordered a Jolly Logic mounting bracket. I made a plywood platform which is attached with epoxy and screws to the bottom end of the nosecone. The altimeter mount is attached to the plywood with wood screws. The JL2 snaps into the mount. I will probably secure the altimeter in placed with a zip tie. The payload section tube has 6 X 1/8 inch holes for ventilation. There are two vents on the top end about 4.5 inches down. There are 4 more on the lower end. They are evenly spaced around the tube about 4 inches up. This is probably over kill. If the altimeter's accuracy or flight characteristics are negatively effected by all of these little holes I will have to seal a few up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  lo gloss.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  561.9 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  lo moununt1.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  459.7 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  lo mount2.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  508.1 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  lo mount 4.jpg