View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 06:55 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke strawwalker
Most irritating thing was when I picked up a fistful of spent Estes ignitor wire thrown down around the pad after a launch one time... that stuff is BAD... that wire would play heck with the mouth and digestive system of our cows... So I had a discussion with the club advisor who did the setup and teardown, and he apologized and agreed to put out a couple five gallon buckets next to the pads for folks to toss spent ignitors and shooter wire into when they went to hook up their rocket for the next launch... and he made sure to bring it to everyone's attention to USE THE BUCKETS and not toss ignitor wire on the ground...

Later! OL JR

I always picked up the wires because B6-4 Field also gets used as a football/baseball/soccer field and the thought of some kid getting a knee ripped open by one just haunted me. Then at NARAM 47 I saw Bunny, then NAR prez, walking around picking up the spent wires and I made it a point to do it whenever I loaded one onto the rod whenever and wherever I flew. If it's good enough for the Prez, it's good enough for me.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Snake Jumper