Thread: Edsel
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2017, 01:53 PM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
I will gladly compare apples to apples. The ZR1 (C6 or C7) Corvette to that outrageously priced GT-40.

Exactly. The Corvette is an outrageously over priced apples to oranges comparison with the Mustang. It has a much larger engine without much added HP, and a highly specialized body/frame.

Apples to apples is the Mustang vs. Camaro. The Mustang's 5.0L has a weight to hp ratio of 8.05 to 1 where the Camaro's 6.2L is 8.1 to 1. Not enough difference to mention, but since you will brag about the higher torque of the Camaro, I'll go ahead and remind you that it's a much bigger engine with less HP and the Mustang's weight to HP ratio is still ever so slightly better.

Torque is more important with tractors and haulers. Not such a big deal out on the road in a passenger car, especially with their torque numbers being close. But since torque is so important to you and your chest pounding attitude, the Camaro's 6.2L puts out about 73.4 lb/ft per liter. The Mustang's 5.0L puts out about 84 lb/ft per liter.