View Single Post
Old 08-17-2008, 09:54 PM
Retired with Way Too Many Kits

I just took a look at my inventory -- I've got 66 unbuilt kits. Nine of these are Saturns! I've got 4 of the Vs from Estes, 3 1Bs from Estes, an Apogee 1B, and a Semroc 1B. I also have an Estes Saturn V that is near to getting paint, a build I started 10 years ago! I kind of got distracted with other projects, and I did HPR for years, and the model rockets sat gathering dust.

Looks like it's time to order more, I feel now that my collection is so lacking comapred to some of you.

I do keep my inventory list in Excel, so I can track price, but mostly because I have the kits in big Rubbermaid totes, and I sometimes forget exactly what I have.

I'll have to take pictures of my basement shop. It is mostly a wood shop that has rocketry benches and an airbrush booth at the end. I've got a radial arm saw, table saw, jointer/planer, planer, two band saws (14" and 10" tableto -- ideal for rocketry), drill press, router table, disk/drum sander, oscillating spindle sander, and dozens of power tools, both air and electric powered. One of the best things I put in my shop is a deep utility sink, for cleanup, and also nice for wet sanding. My wife vetoed the installation of a urinal when we finished the basement, since their is a bathroom just outside the shop door, but it may be revisited when I tear into the kids playroom to expand the shop (their grown and gone, so it should become more shop space!)

Projects: Semroc Saturn 1B, Ken Foss Designs Mini Satellite Interceptor
In the Paint Shop: Nothing! Too cold!
Launch-Ready: Farside-X, Maxi Honest John, Super Scamp