View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 06:39 PM
Retired with Way Too Many Kits

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPMcGraw
That's my mail client now, and has been since I loaded Vista. I like it, and have no issues with it. It won't import my old Outlook folders, but then, neither will Outlook Express...

Anyone know of a good import tool that doesn't require Outlook to be running, and which doesn't cost anything? Nothing feature-handicapped or -restricted, either.

I could never get Outlook Express to run on my Windows XP machine. Well, it loaded and "ran", it just would not work with my Gmail account. I then heard about Thunderbird, and it has been flawless. I also use it to bring in my other web email. I've been a big fan of Firefox for years, but for the past 4-5 months have been using Chrome as my primary browser, since it so easy to set up auto-opening tabs. I load all the forums, plus photobucket, and I'm ready for checking out all things rocketry-forum-related. I still use Firefox, mostly to pop open a browser for most business things, such as bank account logons, PayPal, etc. My only reason to keep IE is as a backup, in case some webpage will not load well into the other browsers. That is getting fairly rare these days. Prior to Chrome, I was using Flock, since it supported multi-tabs pretty well, but it is a little odd looking -- cluttered. I like Chrome the best for its simple layout.

Projects: Semroc Saturn 1B, Ken Foss Designs Mini Satellite Interceptor
In the Paint Shop: Nothing! Too cold!
Launch-Ready: Farside-X, Maxi Honest John, Super Scamp