View Single Post
Old 05-08-2008, 07:54 PM
Forest Sprite

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousah
I remember getting a new catalog and bringing it to jr. high for at lest a few weeks after it came out. I'd memorize the parts numbers and sit in class and design rockets all day.

You too, huh? I did the same thing! I always had the catalogs with me - first I had the 1967 catalog, then I added the '68 catalog when I got it, and then the '69 catalog. In 1969 I was carrying around 3 years worth of Estes catalogs with me to all of my classes! At one time I did have that '67 catalog memorized from cover to cover. The thing that I loved most about that catalog was all the color liftoff photos. Seeing those shots of the rockets standing on their little clouds of smoke and their needle-thin exhaust flames just did it for me like nothing else. To think that I could build rockets and launch them like that just sent my imagination soaring. And you know something? It's 41 years later, and I still feel the same way!

For all these years I have been such a sucker for model rocket liftoff photos (and I'm sure that I will always remain one) - you have no idea!

Mark
Mark S. Kulka NAR #86134 L1,_ASTRE #471_Adirondack Mountains, NY
Opinions Unfettered by Logic • Advice Unsullied by Erudition • Rocketry Without Pity
+09281962-TAK-08272007+
SAM # 0011