View Single Post
Old 09-25-2018, 08:51 PM
Custom Cone, Kit & Decal Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeR
Gord,

I think it would be nice to see. I’ve been a woodworker since I got my first taste of working with wood in junior high woodshop class. (You have to be old to be familiar with woodshops in public schools!)

I bought a lathe, finally, almost 10 years ago, probably as a result of seeing your work, and actually getting a Pershing nose cone from you. Now I’m not advocating everyone quit buying custom turnings from you, and go buy a lathe! But for anyone that enjoys woodworking, the lathe is an incredibly fun tool to use. I turned nose cones as a kid using my dad’s 1/4” single speed electric drill. It’s hard to describe the phenomenal step-up that a lathe represents. I’ve added some canopies to balsa nose cones, both commercially-available, and custom-turned, but a tutorial from you would be helpful to a lot of modelers here, I think.

I like that more people are learning how to use a lathe especially for rocket uses, but along the way you will pick up so many more things than just making nose cones.

My progress today involved decals for my upscale Falcon Commander.

Yes...they have lines in them! I don't care...it's...battle damage...yeah, that's it.

I really can't show you anything yet. I'm waiting for the primer to be really really cured. I could't find any of my regular Rustolium High Built primer I'm used to.

Not sure why all the hardware stores change it all the time, it must be their distributors.

The decal will be a "tribute" to the United States Space Force!

I am working on two step by step project nose cones The PNC-50SP upscale and an upscale Manta Bomber nose cone.

http://sandmandecals.com/