View Single Post
Old 02-13-2015, 08:58 AM
NAR #78048 L1 - Life Member

In an earlier version of the reference, I did have a typo for the length of the BT-55V listed in the entry for the ARCAS, kit K-26/1226. But I found that error, and fixed it in the subsequent release (that change can be found in the Record of Revisions found at the beginning of the document). I don't know of any other BT-55V inconsistencies in the Body Tube Reference List, although that doesn't mean one or two don't still exist. It's a long list!

Unlike some tubes that were characterized incorrectly in Estes' 1974 Parts Catalog (a good example being BT-52), BT-55V is listed there with the correct length of 16.35", as Tbzep noted earlier.

There is indeed the odd entry for the Vanguard Eagle, kit #2193, but as noted in the Appendix to the Reference, Page 64, the inconsistency with this tube designation has been flagged. Here the inconsistency is due to a re-use of the tube designation and not the part number, as has sometimes been the case in the past. But it's clear the BT-55 in the Vanguard Eagle is not the same one used in the ARCAS or the K-47 Cherokee-D.

Apologies for any confusion with the Reference.
YORF #003
SAM #004