View Single Post
Old 09-09-2006, 06:11 PM
AL Swackhammer , power freak

Default Scorpius revisited.

I'm in the process of collecting parts ( mostly done, need so start cutting wood ) for an upscale of the Scorpius.

I remember discussing this a little while back ( did a search, but not sure the thread) - where it was discussed the discrepancies in the instructions ,etc regrading the palcement of the forward 'wings' ( at front or rear of the pod).
My built original had those at the front, unlike most, but as shown in the instruction drawing.

I'm likely going to build my upscale with them REARward, just to see how it lokos both ways.
I like mine as is, but the 'correct' way is growing on me,lol .

anyways, I noted one more discrepancy.

if you note the catalog / header panel photo versus the instructions - the instructions specifically show ,and note, that the four dowels should be aligned with one EVEN WITH the fin / wing .
the panel photo ( and my builtup ) have the dowels aligned 'flat' .
( ie: instruction version would have the dowels in a 'diamond' pattern when laying flat "flying in space", where as the catalog / photo one has them in a 'square' ) .

interesting... ( and better looking in the pic, IMHO), surprise dthis hasn;t been brought up before.

~ AL

ps: I have not had a chance to go grab my original from my parents house /' storage', and info is not posted on YORP re: the length of the dowels.
can anyone provide that info, so I can calculate,etc ? ( don;t kill yourselves for it, just would save me a trip if someone has it handy )