View Single Post
Old 01-21-2017, 02:40 PM
Seagulls Beware...

There are a couple of other minor differences in the Polaris/Marauder, the Marauder uses a different nose block from the Polaris, and shock cord, as well as the launch lug location. Again, these are minor, and externally would be hard to spot, if not impossible, other than the totally different appearance of the motor and/or engine hook at the back end of the rocket.

While the instructions that Eagle3 submitted are very useful for cloning and historical purposes, the drawing of the fin on the other hand isn't very useful to me. Here in China, while I can print .pdf files, they do not scale properly on A4 paper, and I don't get a consistent variation from one print to the next to say add +/- 5, 10, or 15 percent each time to adjust for it. Add to that that there's no dimensions on the fin given, and the fin's outline doesn't appear to be very precise. Finally, the odd reference on the drawing to the Super Flea 0815A is confusing (and totally unrelated), even the Javelin (0815B) doesn't use the same fin.

What I'm looking for an unimpeachable clear image of the actual fin, with a ruler for scale, that could be used to clone these kits. I'm also looking for a clear indication of the width of the decals for the Polaris so that I can finalize my sim of it using the decal image from JimZ.

Dreaming of making the rockets I dreamed of as a kid (and then some).

"The Guide says there is an art to flying", said Ford, "or rather a knack."
"The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

Launching is Optional... Landing? That Depends on Trees.