View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014, 03:57 PM
Freeform rocketry advocate.

Location: Claremont, CA "The intellectual capitol of the world."-WSJ

NAR is using "bundling" like a cable company does with internet, TV and phone and charges you more for the individual components so your only viable options are nothing, internet only, or a full bundle. NAR negates the unbundling choice these days.

My solution would be to increase the size of the market so more people are willing and able to pay a bundle price, as well as having a "crippled" membership as a teaser rate for newbies or BAR's.

It would also be great if an achievement like HPR1 or HPR2 is a lifetime badge that does not expire with the membership itself since it is being used for MARKET ACCESS. Conflict of interest.

I stopped complaining about prices themselves since inflation is forceably caused by government policies and having a product available at some price is better than not being available at any price. I cite as an example the Estes G motor for $27. We sold them for $10-12 for decades, but Estes needs to charge $27 to get them into their particular distribution channel. Fine. That means I can go into a Hobby Lobby or Fry's or whatever and grab one if I want. That is valuable.

Also NAR is missing the boat on an "altruistic membership", where the buyer gets essentially nothing, but supports the cause.

Jerry