View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 07:06 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeR
After hearing that the Estes 800 number went away, and other indications things were getting worse, I emailed Estes last week (from their website Customer Service form) inquiring about replacement decals for the Interceptors (I have 4 of each model). Figuring they might balk due to the quantity, I offered to send pictures of the kits, which I started buying about one year ago.

No word yet. Am I expecting too much to be emailed in a few days, at least to say they will follow up with my request? It would not be the end of the world, but I am amazed at the apparent downhill slide in the past few months or so (and probably for much longer).

I certainly will throw my support to Quest for BP motors, although I could live mostly with reloads. Problem is -- staging and clustering demands BP motors, unless you want to factor in a whole lot of extra trouble and expense.

I emailed with the same request almost two weeks ago after unsuccessfully trying the 1 800. I have 2 Interceptors. One is built the other is not. Plus, my unbuilt Interceptor E. These were all purchased immediately after their release last year.
It took them 7 days to respond back....but they did respond. They told me it would take 2 weeks to process my warranty claim. I addressed the email to Christine, but whoever responded chose to omit their name from the reply, and simply closed with "Customer Service". There seem to be inconsistencies with their CS dept. Some people claim to get responses within hours while others wait several days or well over a week. I guess you just have to be patient.