View Single Post
Old 03-02-2008, 04:37 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Runyon
I think it totally rocks as is. I place a LOT more value on the signed certificuit from Mr. Estes than even the idea of a mass launch that I wouldn't be able to attend!

Model rocketry has become a deeply significant catalyst for bonding between my son and I, and I am very, very grateful for that, even aside from the fact that I just really enjoy building/flying. I bow to Mr. Estes for that gift alone.

It will be really neat to spiritually connect with the sum total of all things model rocket while building/launching the Golden Scout. I will imagine all the builds that went on in childhood bedrooms in households all over, and the exitment as they went into their fields for the first time, carrying all that NEATO equipment with them... what a super cool hobby.

This whole thing was a mighty fine idea, RD... congrats and THANK YOU too! Maybe one day I'll have an RD signed Baby Bertha to go with the certificuit from Mr. Estes!

Let's not forget Semroc, Carl, Sheryl and bruce put alot of effort, time and sweat into this as well.

This is a dream come true for all of us.
Vern and Gleda are very happy about this Sky Of Gold event and are to be congatulated.