View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 11:33 PM
Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeld1212
Hope this makes sense.

Excellent! Thanks for the info! (You too, Blackshire!)

joeld1212 - If you have some way to shoot a photo of the decal and post it here, I'd appreciate it. Also, if you could proof what I come up with against your Vampire, I'd appreciate it.

I did up the fin decals in Photoshop earlier this evening, based on a scan of the one surviving on this rocket. I'll work on the body tube decal over the next couple of days. I measured out the size based on the glue residue on my Vampire's BT.

Over the last couple of days I took the Vampire apart, cleaned the parts, removed the old fin decals. I replaced the old, burnt, very short shock cord with a longer one of similar - but slightly more durable - cord. I also cleaned up and smoothed out the 'chute, and tied it to a black #7 fishing swivel. The Vampire's BT is also coming apart a little at one of the seams at the top, so I patched that up a bit with 2-part epoxy to shore it up and fill in the seam pressure-tight.

A lot of effort, maybe - but I enjoy restoring old toys. The black & red color scheme also reminds me a lot of a sci-fi RPG I used to play back in high school called TRAVELLER. So I've taken a liking to this older bird.

My Rocketreviews.com Gallery