View Single Post
Old 07-11-2006, 10:28 PM
I remember the space age

I have to say, the response today has been wonderful. Thanks to everyone. And it's very true that Scott has been keeping this secret since May. (Thanks, Scott, and thanks now for helping us get the word out.)

And just a couple of notes: Jay, I bet I've read your Sport Rocketry story on Lee Piester at least 10 times. In fact, as Matt Steele and I were consulting on questions we had to include in the interview with Lee, I kept going back to your article. I've also looked over Terry Dean's model rocketry history timeline post here . I even cross-checked some dates in our articles against that timeline. (Terry, the check's in the mail.... ha)

And finally, to answer Don's question: Yes, the first issue that subscribers receive will be the premier issue, the one we'll debut at NARAM. It will be mailed to subscribers on Monday, August 7, immediately following NARAM, so hopefully you should receive it later that week. (If you can't wait, you can always find someone heading to NARAM and get 'em to pick up an extra issue for you.) We mentioned in some of our materials that it will be available nationally on September 1, but that generally refers to selected hobby shops, newsstands, etc. Subscribers will already have it. Whew!
Mark