View Single Post
Old 03-20-2014, 10:09 PM
Intermediate Rocketeer

Paul,

God bless you for having plenty of money for the things you need. It might well amaze you to know that not everybody is in that shape. I had to drop my cable tv years ago too... I haven't had a TV at all since the airwaves were digitized, making all old tvs useless. And before you tell me to get a job, I will point out that I work 40 hours a week and have the same job I have had for 10 years now. I know it may seem silly to a younger generation, who have grown up on entitlements, but I pay my own way without help from the taxpayers of this great nation of ours.My grocery budget for a month is less than what that NAR membership would cost.

I would dearly love to be a member again. If they offered a senior membership (with no magazine and no frills) at a reasonable price, I would love to again be a member of an organization that has meant a lot to me since back when I first joined as member 2217 of the organization. But at the current price, I can see that the organization has no desire to include seniors like myself in their membership. We were the ones who built the hobby and created the NAR. But we don't have the cash that the wealthy high power boys have, so we are of no interest to the organization.

I'm not trying to pick on you, and I am not trying to start a fight. Paul, may you always have that cable TV, and a nice shiny car, and a warm place to live. But just for a moment, please stop and realize that their are many people in this country that are not as well off as you are. And whatever you do, never, never, never grow old.

The Fireman

formerly NAR2217,
Peak City Section #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulK
Sheesh, the $62 YEARLY cost of NAR membership is less than one MONTH of combined cable TV/Internet. I don't see what you folks are complaining about, I really don't.

Support the NAR. It's good for the hobby, it's good for you if you're in the hobby, and it's a drop in the bucket compared to your other bills.