View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 06:51 PM
Apollo Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Sams
I think any camera or video rocket today, in order to be commercially viable, must be digital (and have some sort of reliable, non-volatile storage, unlike one recent unit). Folks today, with iPhones and micro-USB connectors, want to download and watch the video/see pics while they're at the field. Not only do they not want to wait for film developing, they don't even want to wait to get home to see what they got.

So, while 35mm film is a huge improvement over 110, it's still not viable, in this day and age, IMNSHO.

Doug

I can pretty much agree wih that. I've been doing some experimentation with the pen cams and such to work towards a decent and relatively simple on-board video 'system' to obtain decent footage easily. I'd like to do some wireless transmitter stuff too at some point down the line. But certainly for recording video or stills, digital is basically the way to go. I switched to digital HD video workflow (Sony XDcam) at work about two years ago and it's hard to think of even going back to tape based workflows now.

Still, there is a certain charm about analog film and though I suspect it's gonna be a fair amount of effort to shoot footage in a Cineroc these days, it is one of those things that I just want to attempt to fully live out the Cineroc 'experience'. But film is certainly not the path I take starting from scratch, that's certain.

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970