View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 08:22 PM
I HATE ENGINE HOOKS

Default GOONEYBIRD Decals

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo1986
I came across a couple of packages of Estes sticker sheets for their Goonybirds from the early seventies. I opened one and found five sheets of stickers, one for each of the original Goonybirds EXCEPT the Sky Shriek. Has anyone else seen these sets? Anyone know why they were sold in sets like this, and why the sheet for the Sky Shriek would be missing? I suspect that these were simply packaged and sold sometime after the Goonybirds went OOP (does anyone know when that happened?), and that the Sky Shriek sheets were all gone at that time.

I've put the sheets from the opened package on Ebay............and am mentioning this in case anyone here wants to do a clone of one of these rockets. I suspect that these sticker sheets would be difficult (but perhaps not impossible) to clone. I suppose someone who's handy with a computer could scan them and then print them out on label stock............doing the die cut on the sheet would be pretty much impossible, but in my view not necessary anyway as they could be easily cut out with scissors.

Any info that anyone has on these would be greatly appreciated.

Joe

Joe How long have you had these? Chances are they came from me! In mid 90s, in store in NY, I found about 30 packs of 10 per pk. still factory sealed of ALL of them(GOONEY BIRDS), except Sky shreik-also VASHION-XS-1, SANDPIPER, and ALL of the COLD POWER ones. I still have-gosh knows how many left-but back then, I traded - even gave away a LOT of them to folks to have. A LOT of them went north from PA to New England states. I still have the reciept from the purchase. Im only sayin its POSSIBLE they came from me as I spread a lot of them around !- All Over the US. glad to see em turn up after all these years. AS I said, Ive got LOTSSSSSSSSSSSSSS more! dannymrmissile.