View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 04:01 PM
The_Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Dragon
Yep :-)

I have the chrome sticker on my new dart (as yet unflown,as I do not have any FSI engines or the booster- and have seen no need to fly it,when I have a hundred others to chose, lol )

~ AL

You may consider building a "look alike" booster for your new Dart. In high school when I flew my first two stage Dart it didn't take long to realize I wouldn't be able to shell out the bucks for the complete system every time. What I did was cut some spare HRT-10 tube just slightly shorter than the actual length of an F100. I then cut some HRT-8 tube to the exact length of the F100 and used the FSI centering rings to fit the HRT-8 into the HRT-10. One ring was flush with the front of the HRT-10 and one flush with the rear. I then built up a little glue and filler on the front centering ring where the extra little HRT-8 stuck up to form the rounded part like the F100 in the system. I used D18-0 in the booster and whatever FSI D's I wanted to in the Dart. I guess the same could be done today with 24mm tubing to use the Estes D12-0 in the booster. It won't kick like the F100 but at least you can fly it two stage (and possibly get it back)

I had posted a RockSim file on EMRR a while back if you need the booster fin pattern.

http://www.rocketreviews.com/cgi-bi...?mach+1+dart#RS

SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Paint & Detail: USR Banshee
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
🚀 In Repair: SLS Lil’ Hustler, SLS Aero-Dart 1969 Trim
🚀 Stay Tuned For Fall 2021 Launch Dates