Thread: Rocksim Update
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 08:31 PM
The_Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPMcGraw
It's been a LONG TIME since I last did anything with RockSim, I've nearly forgotten how to work with it...

Since I'm a Linuxhead, I had to update my Wine installation to 1.5.26. This was a real PITA for some reason, the repositories didn't want to be found the first couple of times.

Next, I had to download the RockSim DEMO from the website to get the latest version. Good thing I did, it's now up to V 9.1.4 build 145.

This now works, and once I pointed it to the license file, it became a registered product. They use the same executable for both the demo and the paid versions...

Just wish this quad-core machine could apply all four cores to the 3D rendering. It's still grass-growing slow...

I need to open RockSim and grab that latest version update. I must admit I haven't spent much time in the program either and have a few designs that I was working on a few months ago but haven't spent the time to finish

I have a Nike-Ram Plus that I started designing with a larger payload section sort of a cross between the Nike-Ram and the EnerJet 1340/20 and began tweaking a Sonic 36 clone that I have renewed interest in and I started construction on that model now that new E and F black powder engines are coming from Estes.

Most of my posts are from my iPad lately and I never seem to get near my home PC and RockSim these days ... although I try.

SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Paint & Detail: USR Banshee
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
🚀 In Repair: SLS Lil’ Hustler, SLS Aero-Dart 1969 Trim
🚀 Stay Tuned For Fall 2021 Launch Dates