Thread: I'm curious...
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 01:31 PM
Too Many Initiators is Never Enough

In my case, I became a 'collector' when I could buy kits faster than I could build them!

I never expected thre to be companies that would produce 'clone' models of these model rockets so I bought many, many Estes and Centuri kits I found in hobby shops during the 1980s. My idea was that I would build them, someday.

Now that companies such as Semroc, BMS, Thrustline and others make excellent reproduction models, there is no need for me to open up the original models.

Even with all the 'clone' kits now available, there are still plenty of models that have not been re-kitted. My having the original kit allows me to take measurements and send the information to BMS and Semroc and get copies made of the original parts. This is how I was able to make my Enerjet Nike Ram and Aero-Dart clones (See attached pictures).

It's not just Estes and Centuri kits. I collect Cox, MPC, MRI, North Coast Rocketry and others. I have a GREAT collection of AeroTech kits and products. I don't know if they will ever be 'collectable'.

Hmm, maybe Scott Branche and I should have a collection 'duel'?

Bob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Enerjet Nike Ram 01 and Box 002.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  39.6 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Enerjet Aero-Dart and Box 002.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  40.8 KB