View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 11:32 AM
Master Modeler

Gus,

She made 4 flights in all. Look back on this thread for the flights and dates. There were two attempts prior to the successful flight. The report on the SEARS website was about the April 2004 attempt and the build article was posted in May of 2004. The article there has not been updated since the original posting, 9 years ago.

Yes. Her 3rd flight was indeed 100% successful -- and came after the build article on November 17, 2004 - 6 months after the report that goes with the 7 page build was posted by SEARS president Greg Lane. In addition to Verna & I, the flight was witnessed by our club president at that time, Ron Witherspoon and my son.

Because the build article had already been posted to the SEARS 572 website, SR was not interested in an expanded article on her Saturns. There's a rule or something about any part of an article and previous postings but - Verna and her Saturns were featured in a brief article I did on another topic for SR that appeared April 2006 and it featured her and her Saturn V's .

Randy
www.vernarockets.com