View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 10:43 AM
Retired with Way Too Many Kits

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeppel_cpm
I went looking on the clubs website, but didn't find a definitive answer. Is there any prohibition against chad staging low power (13mm) non-competition flights at Bong launches?

It seems like an easier path to 13mm B impulse than handing over a big wad of cash to Jerry - and then facing a certification process :-) For the motors. For me. (Wait, NAR doesn't do experimental). For my sanity.

I looked for the same information for a club I plan to fly with this Fall. I could not find anything, so I'll guess I'll just email them. I want to build an old 2-stage design that was an Estes plan -- the Augie II (DOM Plan #28). I built this as a kid, and loved the rocket. It is a "ducted" design. The "upper" stage is a BT-20, and the booster motor is contained within a larger BT-60 tube, but falls freely.

I suppose I could actually build a booster section that has fins, and held within the BT-60, if CHAD staging is not allowed.

Here is a picture of the first page of the old plan, on JimZ Plans. This would make a great upscale, too, for 24mm or 29mm BP motors.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  augie-ii.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  282.2 KB  

Projects: Semroc Saturn 1B, Ken Foss Designs Mini Satellite Interceptor
In the Paint Shop: Nothing! Too cold!
Launch-Ready: Farside-X, Maxi Honest John, Super Scamp