View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 11:51 PM
BP Mafia

1. Scout - One of the Semroc clones. Initially lost, but found the next day while looking for another bird early last spring. Since painted day-glo orange.

2. Mark II - Clone with a JimZ decal that he included back in 2001 when I bought a set of Condor decals from him.

3. Spaceman - Or RACEMAN as I called it. I did a Richard Petty theme on it for an EMRR contest.

4. Cobra - My first clustered clone.

5. Big Bertha - I think I've flown four or five of these.

6. Alpha - Ditto on the four or five, with the 1977 original being lost in the woods on the campus at NKU where I eventually parked a few years later when they cleared things out for a parking lot. (The Scooby-Doo lots as my friend called them. If you'd ever been to King's Island that would be funny. )

7. Honest John - A rickety Ebay rescue. Still flyable, and likely will fly this summer at B6-4 Field. I'm thinking about a K-themed launch.

8. Avenger - My first two stage clone, built with parts that came in an Estes Designer Special. Definitely a candidate for the K Launch this summer.

9. Beta - My first rocket. I've had two or three since, including one that was an Ebay refugee along with the HoJo and Shrike.

10. Shrike - Quite possibly the ugliest one in existence and an Ebay refugee as mentioned above.

11. Cherokee D - At least three of these, the first a clone with a Black Brant cone because that's how I saw it. Suffered a CATO (my first) at a QUARK launch and turned into a Cherokee E, which lasted one flight. I also have Thrustline and Semroc versions.

12. Interceptor - Moldin' Oldies parts and Ebay decals.

13. Goblin - I think I'm on my third, all clones.

14. A-20 Demon - PDR version. Damaged at NARAM 53.

15. SPEV - An early clone I was especially proud of. I also have a 24mm and Semroc version.

16. Constellation - Flew for the first time last summer. Vintage payload and nose cone section.

17. X-Ray - The "Volare Incident" bird, a one flight wonder from 1978 or 1979.

18. Sprint - Forgot about this one. A pretty decent clone, I think with a BMS cone and one of my very early homemade decals. Disappeared on its initial C6-7 flight at VOA. Heard the ejection, but after that, nothing. Man, did it scoot.

The Ranger is from the same Ebay auction as the Constellation. A vintage payload section and nose cone. The Farside X just needs paint and was started after seeing Jonathan's photo here. The Drifter is another of the nose cones from the Ranger/Constellation/Stinger Ebay lot. The Sprite is 13mm and ready to go whenever the opportunity presents itself, as is the V-2. The Gyroc is a Thrustline parts pack. The Midget is a Semroc kit. The Orbital Transport is a basswood pig I started in 2001. The Alpha III came in a starter kit and just needs to be repainted. I also flew a Birdie, but I hesitate to count it since I just CA'd a motor tube and a launch lug on a bird I found in the back yard.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Snake Jumper