View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 09:23 AM
Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkefj
flite test has contracted wth Adams to build a flat 4.5mm water resistant paper covered foam board, you can do a search for flite test foam board. It's pretty stiff unless it gets bent enough to kink, like most foam boards. I've used a carbon spar like my other designs to try to preven that under flight loads.

https://store.flitetest.com/flite-t...-adams-50-pack/

Often they offer free shipping over $99. Sheets are 20" by 30" It is possible to use a monokote trim iron to carefully roll the edges which makes them hard and the paper stays attached, it sort of melts the styrene and it becomes more dense...it's an advanced technique. For the kit I suggest sanding slightly round then coating with the foam tac/foam cure cement to seal it.

Frank

Aahhh, so is *is* an Adams product..... The 'stuff' Adams uses for the 'core' of their boards is so much lighter than the 'usual stuff', albeit not quite as stiff, but that's not been too big an issue there.

Hmm, so Adams is using a 'water resistant' coating on this variant? Hmm, back around '97 there was something called Artcor, which was a foamboard type deal, but this had plastic outer sheeting instead of paper. Was fully waterproof....BUT....it was discontinued soon thereafter.

Did sell some kits back then with this stuff, as it was only 1/8" thick, and lighter than the standard foamboards around. Adams was not around then, so this stuff 'won'.

Back to the flite test stuff......how is its warp resistance, if you can tell?