View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 09:36 PM
Addicted Collector.. now Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cohetero-negro
Gerry, et al.,

One more thing and this is just a word of advise, take it how ever you see fit:

I have learned the HARD way that bidding against people, especially hard core collectors, can lead to bitterness, pettiness , and worse.

Its best not to advertise what you win and/or by how much.

Take home message: don't publicly announce you outbid someone or won something that other people had their hearts set on winning. This collecting stuff gets VERY personal with people. Me? I don't give a crap. I am dealing with the purchase of a TOYOTA (thanks Gordy) Prius V and I want to just buy it or place as much down as I can, so money is very tight and I am not interested in getting any new rockets ... been buying way too much off of Hobby King of late, so that is my other bane.

Its just best to collect and enjoy what you have in a personal quiet manner

Jonathan

Jonathan....Ok, thanks for the advice. Understand the point as I've seen similar rude behaviors among die hard Liberty Seated Dime variety collectors on eBay or PCGS collector forum. To bad that collectors take the hobby to such a serious level as we don't take these items to our grave. We are simply caretakers!

Personally, I'm long term focused and if there is not much going on with Estes rocket kits, then I shift back into Liberty Seated dimes for awhile. Maintaining and advancing both reference websites takes a lot of work while still working full time in semiconductor business.

My bottomline: I seek reference information more than the satisfaction of owning stuff. I believe that the K16 Delta skill level kit assessment was correct and was testing the waters on YORF as a check.

As for cars....

I own mint red 1993 Mazda Miata, 2005 Toyota Tacoma and 2008 Rav4. Only problem with Mazda has been a leaky power steering system over the years. Japanese are masters of quality manufacturing, while US is the center of design innovation along with the Germans until the hybrid platform appeared. Who makes the best cars in the word, simple answer; go look at which companies continue to invest in Formula 1 racing.