View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 08:20 AM
Craftsman

My cars are AMERICAN, my motorcycles are British and Italian, and my tools are heavy cast iron Made in USA. I imagine my next "new car" will be a 48 Plymouth with a early 90's dodge ram running gear. To much bs in cars today. I know how to parallel park, Iknow how to turn around, I do NOT need to talk to someone or be hooked up to the social network 24/7, I know when it is time to change oil and check belts. I have a celulose encased optical navigation guide,(map), so I do not need my car to tell me where to go. I do not fear technology but all those gizmos are NOT needed if you have a brain. AND AND all that stuff brakes down and cost real money to fix. I put to many miles on a vehicle to buy something that is going to cost a fortune in maintance. That 3000-3500.00 battery in that hybrid that will probably need replacing every 100,000-120,000 miles, expensive drive motor and controler. Ford has their new eco boost I think that is what they call their dirrect injection motors. Buy a set of those injectors and have them replaced on a maintance schedule. Yea they are a little more efficent but when you look at the long run ,how cheap is it. What happened to good ol yankee know how? sell outs and corperate raiders..................