View Single Post
Old 01-20-2015, 01:38 PM
Custom Cone, Kit & Decal Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtschachner
As far as the Chinese cloning them, I have no idea. But my take on why they died is that they weren't very good printers (as a typical printer goes), they were expensive and the print cartridges were costly compared to a color laser printer or an inkjet. Sure, the "ink" is waterproof and fade-proof, but that matters only to a small subset of the World of Printer Users. The devices are also fragile and weird, and I really don't think most users cared to put up with that. Hence I think the sales were low and the warranty returns high.

Compared to other printing technologies, I don't think that "niche"even begins to describe the small market these printers have (and had).

Exactly! And these printers as valuable as they are for decal production are NOT production machines!

The good news today is I have sent out one printer to Elephant's Rocket and the shipping to Japan was only $83.00.

I can live with that.

Now I have to wait to see how much the repair and return shipping will be.

If it works out to be "affordable" I have plans to send them two more printers.

I didn't want to send three at once. I wanted to see the final costs first.

In the meantime, I have a few decals already printed. Please, check with me first to see what I have available.

Please, do not just send me an order at this time.

Because I have 800 plus decals file listed on my web site, it would just take me forever to bring all the quantities down to zero showing that item on back order.

Contact me first at gagnello (at) yahoo dot com.

http://sandmandecals.com/