View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 12:16 PM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

Elmers becomes extremely flexible in hot solar radiation.
I have used it for attaching wraps and shockcord mounts, but nevef fins due to that reason.
I would NEVER consider using anything but Thin and Medium CA for construction of an R/C Kit except for attaching firewalls, wing-spars and joining wings. For that I use Epoxy. I never waste my time on the long-cure times of Elmers or Titebond for building aircraft and I don't know anyone that does. It makes a long build agonizingly long.
The first R/C aircraft I stick-built was in 1978; a Carl Goldberg Gentle Lady sailplane with a Cox Tee Dee .09 on a power-pod. I was 8 years old at the time. My instructor asked what glues I used and I told him 30min Epoxy for the power-pod firewall and the wing-spars where the panels joined and Titebond for everything else. He told me to stop using Titebond due to how long it takes to dry and reccommended Hot Stuff or Super Jet CA for future builds. Switched to CA (and it was EXPENSIVE back in '78) and never looked back. ALL R/C builders that have any sense build primarily with CA.

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !