View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 10:26 AM
Master Modeler

Well, it's been a spell since I last posted anything, let alone built anything. Life throws ya some hardballs sometimes and I got pitched a few. Hence my lack of communication.

Anyway, Nancy had told me once that she enjoyed just sitting at the kitchen table with me as I puttered with my rockets (foamy's kitchen) and chit-chatting with me the while. She never complained once about sanding dust. Anyway, I got up yesterday and decided it was time to build another rocket—she'd have liked that.

I chose one that I had started way back when I first become a re-bar, the Semroc Deci-scale IRIS. I had built the engine mount and started working on the little fin blocks. I found the kit as I was going throught the stash and decided it would be the perfect one to re-boot with, being as she had seen it and it never got finished. Perfect.

So, I had to go out and get some fresh glues and wood filler, etc. and that was kinda fun all by itself—I'm easy to amuse. Spent the morning filling and sanding the fins and nose cone and if shopping for supplies was fun, this was even more so. It did me good. Company stopped by in the afternoon, so nothing much more than that for the day, but I'll be flying into it again this evening (once I locate the Altoids box Nancy stashed all those little fin bits in—shouldn't be difficult—she kept me organized).

Bottom line is I'm looking forward to building some more rockets and finishing up some that got stalled back when. Oh, that, and visiting here again and enjoying the company. Cheers and a Happy New Year!