View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 12:05 PM
Hooked Badly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwmzmm
The HL next to the Wal-Mart on 529 near Hwy 6 DID have their engine prices the same as
Wal-Mart, but that was a while ago. I haven't been there lately so I don't know what they're
selling now. I don't always look for the "bargains," since much of the time, when I'm shopping for engines needed for competition, I'm looking for specific engines that I'm willing
to buy at any reasonable price; as the saying goes, you go out to "win (the competition) at
any price."

I can say the Wal-Marts in my immediate area (Fry/I-10, Fry/W.Little York, 529/Hwy 6,
Katy Mills) all still have a fair selection of engines (at $4.97 per pack), some starter sets,
Astrobeams, etc. Not that much, but some are still on the shelf. Just recently bought another Gauchito so I can have a replacement capsule for the one I lost at JSC several
months ago.....

I guess I never noticed, I typically buy the motors I can't get from WM at HL - usually the D's and E's.

Still this dumping of motors at WM into "clearance" at $4 is weird. $.97 on a $5 product isn't a lot of savings for a clearance item. But they have dumped literally every rocketry item into clearance. Next time you stop in those WM (except the 529 store... heh heh heh) take a look and see if the same thing is happening.