View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 09:58 PM
Officially Middle-Aged Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEC
If you have some Alpha (1225) instructions that show that, please scan and post.

Part of what I'm going to do when I get closer to done with this whole Alpha 50th project is scan and post somewhere (Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe?) the whole sequence of Alpha instructions that show the evolution from model. eBay purchases are helping me to fill in the gaps, but between them and online scans of catalogs I still have some gaps in the chain and it is also hard to pin down when changes were really made.

Right now I have a pretty big gap - I'm guessing about 15 years - between the second version with the red/black livery - which has first appearance of the blow molded nose cone (1984 catalog) - and what is essentially the last US-made version in the late 1990s. This latter has the narrower-shaped blow molded white nose cone (and the big centering "cylinder" and the later style motor hook).

These kits that optionally would use the Alpha III cone would fall in that range where I have that gap, and the fact that I had to ask if they even existed means I've not seen one on eBay or otherwise in person.

So.....if you've instructions showing that nose cone option, again, please share .

Added: the instruction sheets that I have that bracket that time gap both show a blow molded cone (and in the older one, show removing excess flashing as well as opening up the eye for the shock cord) but give no part numbers for the nose cone (or any other part for that matter).

The Reveal: Or not - I forgot that these came in the bags with the illustrated back. I also misremembered where I got these. Turns out it was Toys-R-Us, not the hobby shop. Anyway, photos are below. I have an open one around here that I will scan the instructions from when I find it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  RedAlpha_1.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  179.2 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  RedAlpha_2.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  247.4 KB  
SAM #0031