View Single Post
Old 05-20-2017, 11:07 AM
Dazed and Confused

I exclusively used Elmer's white glue for decades on LPR, and various epoxies for HPR, mostly 30 minute and 1 hour stuff from Bob Smith, often rebranded.

I started using Elmer's yellow wood glue probably 15-20 years ago and liked how it set so much quicker. I still use white glue when I need a more fluid and slow setting glue. Titebond was a brand I only read about for years and finally started seeing it around here a few years ago. I actually bought a bottle of Titebond Original the other day but have yet to try it. I figure it's pretty much the same as the Elmer's stuff.

I don't use epoxy on LPR unless it is a special circumstance. I learned to prevent sticking motor mounts without epoxy years ago and I learned not to leave rockets laying on their fins out in the sun.

My best tip on using any of the paper/wood glues is to buy a little kid size Elmer's bottle and wash the school glue out of it, then fill it with your favorite flavor of real glue. The small bottle lets you get into tight spaces and the pointed nose is much more precise than the slit noses of the big wood glue bottles because they are designed to dump a lot of glue over a large wood surface.