View Single Post
Old 09-26-2017, 10:59 AM
Craftsman

Most days are bearable for the most part.
It's those 6 to 8 weeks before my next RF that really get to me, mentally and physically.
I often take muscle relaxers for the charlies, and sometimes use them to keep me in a comatose status to make it bearable.
What I miss more than anything is my Wood Shop. I hope that someday I will be able to set up a shop again. I just love the smell of freshly cut wood, doing glue-ups and producing unique things.
I first got hooked in the 6th grade. Every since I an incurable need to make things out of wood.
I guess that is why I personally won't even consider the quick kits or E2X kits, made with plastic parts real model rockets.
While I am now doing some leather crafting (also got involved with that in the 6th grade shop classes) I am making molds out of wood for knife sheaths. But all I have in tools is my circular saw, dremel and jig saw...I fully enjoy using them when I am able to.
And you are right, there is more positives in life still. But when one looks back at what one could do and what is capable of doing now it can hit the mental status quite hard at times. You look at yourself with much less usefulness than one should.
Thank You Kindly for the kind words of wisdom!