View Single Post
Old 04-20-2007, 12:28 PM
Master Modeler

Send a message via Yahoo to barone

Okay Arley....let's see how many of your questions I can answer.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arley Davis
There are some fin patterns on the building parts flyer (see below) that I can enlarge so everyone can use this to clone the lift-kit they like. But before I can do this I will need the dimensions of the fins of the rocket you have. Also what thickness of Balsa-Ply was used?
Below is the pattern I tried to get based on the kit I have. The through the wall tab may be off but the other dimensions are acurate.

Quote:
Another thing what type of body tube was used was it the same as Estes or was it thicker, and what about the baffle used, do you have any information on its design or was it a plastic unit at the top of the Lift-kits. Maybe you could take some pictures of this so we all can see how it was built, that’s if it’s not too much trouble.
The body tube was a standard BT-60, 6 inches long. The motor tube was a standard BT-50, also 6 inches long. At the forward end of the motor tube, approximately 1 inch aft, are four holes 90 degrees apart. The baffle was simply a length of BT-50 coupler (well, thicker than normal) with a plug in the aft end. This was inserted into the motor tube until it was flush with the forward end of the holes. A recovery tang was then inserted into the coupler to act as the attachment point for the recovery system.

Quote:
I know it was a 1.6” body tube (BT-60) so how long is the Lift kit body tube, and we all know it had a 24MM motor mount.
As stated, both tubes were 6 inches.

Quote:
Do the plans show were the Launch Lug goes.
No. it just says to attach it.

Quote:
As for the Body-kits I can wait and see if they are posted later on or enlarge the price list (see below) and do an approximation of all but the #RB4. On the central tube of the #RB2 Rader I know it is 1.6”.

But at least this is a start!
For the body kit I have, the BT60 was 18" long and the inside tube BT50 was also 18" long.