View Single Post
Old 03-12-2006, 11:06 PM
BAR

I'm bummed you were not there too Jim. It would have been nice to meet you. On the bright side, I met Carl & Bruce from Semroc, it was nice to chat with them, though their booth was very busy every time I walked by. I am simply amazed that just the 3 of them have so many parts & kits available! (I did my part to help their business, the mars lander kit looks wonderful!)

Also was nice to meet the folks from Sirius (they were showing a new sci-fi kit to be released soon), Red River Rocketry, and BMS. The UFFO session looked to be a big hit, the room was packed with kids & their parents (gee, why didn't I bring a kid along?).

Not much more to say about Lee & Betty, it was neat to learn about the early days of Centuri. During the BAR open house, Lee picked up a number of the different vintage motors on display, and described when and how they made them, very interesting. He seemed glad to be out of the motor making business. The centuri memories published in the program were great. Thanks Jay, and nice meeting you.

The team outlander presentation was enjoyable, the best part is the ammunition it gives me when my wife claims I'M obsessed.

Wish I could have stayed longer, this was my first big outing since OHS 4 weeks ago; I ran out of gas quickly.
-Paul