View Single Post
Old 10-26-2017, 02:57 PM
Seagulls Beware...

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus
Carl always seemed pretty fanatical about making faithful reproductions. How does the Semroc Bluebird Zero differ from the Estes version?

I finally have the answer when it comes to the fins. I have been working with Randy Boadway, and I've been given the file for the laser cut fins for the Semroc BBZ. I have also purchased an Estes BBZ and now have a scan of the fins.

Semroc's Retro Reproduction fins are curved on the tips of the fins, where Estes are not.

I know that there are those here that accuse me of bashing Carl, but I never have and NEVER will. What he did was different (slightly). They weren't "WRONG", they were different. They were not an exact match to the Estes product, and when I am simulating an Estes product (or cloning it), or making a sim of a Semroc product, I want to be as accurate as possible. That is why I needed the Estes fins scanned.

Oh, and wanting to do something right isn't being "SHELDON-esque". It is just wanting to do something right.

Now, it's 4 am in the morning... I'm calling it a day.

Nutz... I forgot... The name "Blue Bird Zero" in the Estes kit is white. Semroc's is black.

Dreaming of making the rockets I dreamed of as a kid (and then some).

"The Guide says there is an art to flying", said Ford, "or rather a knack."
"The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

Launching is Optional... Landing? That Depends on Trees.