View Single Post
Old 01-18-2018, 12:29 AM
BAR

My Uncle Red told me a story one time... he and my Ma-ma didn't always see eye to eye... there was some bad blood between them over the years, and lots of ups and downs... sometimes they worked together and teamed up on things, some times things went sour and there were hard feelings...

She came to him and curled up by him one time awhile after they'd had a falling out and had gotten back to some level of normalcy and she said demurely, "Red, I know we've had our differences, but if you can forgive and forget I can too."

He thought about it and said, "Well, Judy, I can FORGIVE... BUT I D@MN SURE CAN'T FORGET!" Meaning he'd seen enough to know that he wouldn't be getting into ANY MORE business dealings with her in the future... they could be "friends" but not "in business" together in any way. She jumped up like a snake bit her and took off...

I feel the same way about these thieves at LAUNCH magazine... I can forgive, but I SURE CAN'T FORGET. They stole from me-- that is a SIMPLE FACT. They stole from a LOT OF PEOPLE, and that is a FACT as well. They didn't do ONE D@MN THING to even ATTEMPT to "make it right", and that TOO is a FACT... I'm not in the poorhouse because of their actions, but I WILL NOT sit back and "give them a pass" and say what they did was "okay" for whatever reason-- "because it was just a LITTLE bit of money" or whatever, or because "it was a long time ago" or anything like that...

FACTS are FACTS... some people don't like that, but nevertheless it CHANGES NOTHING. Their actions are a matter of HISTORICAL FACT... if that's inconvenient to them, OH WELL... They COULD try to make it right, but they haven't AND THEY WON'T.

All I need to know... I can forgive, but I SURE WON'T FORGET!

Later! OL J R