View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 04:54 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyaugo
Yeah you are probably right. I might put them aside unless I get someone to buy them for $25 each? They are nice kits, but so many things could have been done to make them even better IMO. I know they have some new MPR kits coming out with better quality materials and parts. Just wish they would have looked at the Interceptor and realized what a GREAT looking kit it really is and spend some time researching the flight characteristics with different materials. At the time it came out or even maybe a year or so ago they were selling between $40-50 and for that price one would expect a true MPR kit with materials to match. It's disappointing to have to build a kit and make all kinds of modifications just to get it to fly the way it should/or strengthen the existing parts. Now the kits sell for under $30

IMO Estes tried it's hbest to replicate the 1250 in regards to the original, the 1350 was another story. Much bigger with other aspects to consider.

I worked on the instructions for the remade 1250 and started on the 1350 (which was a challenge) when I was "let go".

Specific items were discussed, but, not everything was addressed , unfortunately.

The rest is history.