View Single Post
Old 12-17-2007, 04:09 PM
Roger Smith/JonRocket.com

I have several range boxes. One holds stuff for model rocket launches. Another has stuff for working with reloadable motors. Another has stuff for larger rockets. Another has bug spray, sun screen, wet wipes, band aids, etc.

I use the Stanley tool boxes you can get for less than $10 at Wal-Mart, Home Depot, or Lowes. They stack nicely (though they did change the design some time in the past). I also have boxes organized for specific tasks such as model rocket building, working on electronics, general house repairs, etc. That way I can grab one box and have the right tools for a specific job.

Anyway ... to actually answer your question .... In addition to the things you list, for model rocket launches, I try to make sure I have masking tape, a dowel for pushing out spent motors or liners from reloads, extra 'chutes and streamers, a sheet of sandpaper, a pencil, a pen, miscellaneous hardware such as snap swivels, a razor knife, a couple of used motors in case I need a stand-off, and a small bag of dog barf.

-- Roger