View Single Post
Old 03-26-2018, 01:15 PM
Avid Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoVictor
BAR,

looking good so far.

On the double glue joint method, you don't have to wait overnight for the first joint to dry. Using Elmer's Wood Glue, it only takes about 5-10 minutes...

Thanks,
EV

P.S. Check your email for the decal file

Thanks EV. Got the decal pdf. Was reading a thread on how long to let the first coat dry on the double glue method. Opinions ranged from a few minutes to completely dry. So I went with my method. When the CA grabs, it ain't going nowhere. Takes about a minute. Will be taking your advice on printing the decals on white paper with a black background. I've printed lighter colors on clear decal paper before and they have virtually disappeared on a black model. Printing and clear coating should take a couple of days. BTW I was thinking a flat black with a matte/satin clear coat for the rocket finish? What do you think? I know decals over a flat finish might result in silvering, but I have had success using MicroSol/Set to prevent that.
And I'll be rigging the traditional (vertical) chute harness, but what do you think about a harness that will bring the rocket down horizontally, to lessen landing damage to the fins? Similar to the LEM/SM recovery rigging on the Estes Saturn V.

Thanks for your input, next post probably tonight or tomorrow. Laters.