Thread: Akela-1 scans
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2006, 10:05 AM
AL Swackhammer , power freak

stumbled onto this thread and got me curious as to differences in the Akela 1 versus the Viking.

I actually have an original Akela kit at my parents ( with most of my rocketry items, due to space constraints), so don't have right here to check against the Viking fins I have .

few questions this brings up -

are the original Vecotr V fins the viking fins or Akela, or different ? ( I also have an original builtup Vector V , but, again, not here at present ).

if the fins are indeed different, I think I have some fins left over form an original Centuri cub scout 12 pak , along with at least a partial sheet of 'Akela' decals.

if I get over there and grab those, will try to get some pics, although the Akela is in non-standard paint ( not sure what that should look like, so any pics might be of interest ).

also, last question is in regards to the cone - how was that different than the regular Centuri Viking cone ? (again, not having one to compare to, but DO have what I think is an original cone from '12 pak kits' and comparing to the other Centuri cone I have ( and the moldin oldies copy I also have ), they all look the same.

~ AL