View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 10:45 PM
Incurable SEMROC Fan

Thumbs up Mas bueno! ("Better!")

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyT0001
I added one ounce of mass located in the ST-730 body tube just aft of the bulkhead and it dropped the rocket's optimal delay to 3.9 sec and it's velocity at deployment to about 11 ft/sec.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPMcGraw
Notice that the A8-3 and C6-5 values are close to perfect. [SNIP] Increase the drag slightly, and the model will begin to arc over sooner. What you want to achieve is to have the A and C engines deploy just after apogee, and the two B engines just before.

Scale up the fins a couple of percent and try running the simulation again. YMMV...
Randy and Craig (and Mark ),

Thanks for your input! I basically ended up adding a bunch of nose weight by swapping out the SE-10 screw eye with two SE-14's (in appropriate places) and a couple of WL-7 washers. That leveled out the deployment times, but obviously cut back on the altitudes.

I'm thinking if I do the same thing to my Prometheus, I might have to eliminate my tag line about "High Performance."

Craig, I was using Carl's standard "Recruiter" fins, so I decided that (British accent) "my talents lie in other directions." (A Bit of Fry and Laurie)

Herewith, "Retrograde" version 2.

Thanks so much, guys! I appreciate the help!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Retrograde_01_v2.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  128.1 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Retrograde_02_v2.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  135.4 KB  
Attached Files
File Type: rkt Retrograde_v2.rkt (75.1 KB, 91 views)
Semroc SAM #0029
NAR 86131

"I think about organizing things all the time. Never seems to happen. I find something that piques my interest and I'm off on a quest. Or a Centuri. "

--Bill Eichelberger, 02/22/2022

“Centuri fret buzz in an updated form.”
Bill “Wallyum” Eichelberger re: Estes Flutter-By
03 Sept 2014