View Single Post
Old 04-22-2007, 08:10 PM
Master Modeler

Send a message via Yahoo to barone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arley Davis
Please do not get Mad Barone put I need you to either send me a trace of post it, of one of the fins or could you take a measurement for me from the fin. From your posted Fin plan shows the Root Edge as 4-1/4”, Leading edge is 2-7/8” and the distance the fin extends gut from the root edge is 2-1/8”. I am pretty sure the fin taps on both are wrong’ and the angles and Leading Edges are different. See the Image of Lift-Kit Fin Compassion below!

I know by the plans and the Image of the fins being placed, that the fins are centered between the body Tube. See Image from Catalog.

I sure appreciate this, and I hope I can use the fin Patterns from the Products so we all can make any one of the three Lift-Kits we wish.

Lift-Kit Fin Compassion
Hey Arley,

Don't worry about upsetting me. We're here to work together to get things figured out. I can't scan the fins because they're attached already so all measurements are coming from the installed fins.

Okay...here's what I've got....

The root edge is 4.25". The tip length is 2 7/8". Cord length is 2 1/8". The leading edge is 2.25".

The fin is not centered on the lift kit. The leading edge is 1/2" back from the forward end of the lift kit. The front of the body slot should be about 4 3/8" from the bottom (1 5/8" from front of tube). The fin tab measurment is something I'm not sure of. I know it has to start 1 1/8" from the leading edge of the fin (because it fits against the forward centering ring of the motor mount). Now, it could be centered on the fin which would mean it would also end 1 1/8" from the rear of the fin. If the root is 4 1/4", then the fin tab length would have to be 2" long. The depth of the tab would have to be the difference between the OD of the BT50 and the OD of the BT 60 (1.637 - .976 = .661"). Now, assuming the fin tab is 2" long, the body tube slot would go from 2 3/8" from bottom of tube to 4 3/8" from bottom of tube.

Does this help Arley?