View Single Post
Old 09-04-2015, 09:30 PM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
TOTAL OPPOSITE OPINION; I have ZERO problem with TOSSED BUTTS or chewin' terbaccy SPITTOR juice on even MY property.
Lawn mowers chew up most all butts, and don't really give any creedence to the 'example for kids' crapola either.
What I would like to see is a return to the 60's/70's/'Mad Men' attitude toward smoking and drinking. I see NOTHING wrong with lunch washed down with 3 Vodka Martinis and about 4 Marlboros. NOT JOKING EITHER.

Well, that's YOU, and then there's THE REST OF THE WORLD.

If you're a guest on someone else's land, (or home) you should have respect for their wishes.

I host launches on my farms, and I prefer folks don't smoke for the reasons cited earlier. Mainly the tossed butts/littering thing, the fire hazard from tossed butts, and the not wanting to smell that d@mn stuff myself either. I did have to jump on the club boss one time because I picked up a whole handful of tossed ignitor wires that had been dropped on the ground around the launch rack setup. Could have perforated a cows mouth, tongue, or guts. Picked up a handful of the plastic ignitor plugs as well (and kept those for my own use) and another pocketful of used wadding, which in most cases can be used again, and I do. While a lawnmower MIGHT chew up most of the butts, then you have filters and bits of filter material scattered all over the place, which is even a bigger mess. Also, typical pasture shredders, mowers, and "bush-hogs" ain't gonna do anything to most butts and other stuff.

Wadding that doesn't get picked up, I don't mind so much-- it'll eventually rot away to nothing, after a few rains. What I don't want scattered everywhere is spent ignitors and tossed cig butts...

If you can't handle that, STAY THE F^#* AT HOME.... go launch somewhere else...

Later! OL JR