View Single Post
Old 07-11-2006, 05:25 PM
Incurable SEMROC Fan

Exclamation A Change of Plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by msm0202
I wanted to inform you that we are launching a new, full-color, glossy magazine at NARAM-48 that will cover model rocket history in detail. The magazine is appropriately called LAUNCH and it will be published six times per year. The first issue will be available exclusively at NARAM and then to everyone else immediately afterward.

The first issue of LAUNCH will be 56 pages and includes a 6,500-word Q and A-style interview with Vern and Gleda Estes, a 4,500-word conversation between Lee Piester and Matt Steele and a 3,000-word story on Orville Carlisle, Rock-A-Chute, G. Harry Stine and Model Missiles, all with historic photography. (Vern and Gleda, for instance, go into more detail than ever on their personal financial deal with Damon Corp., among other very interesting observations.)
Well, so much for my plans to buy seasons 1 and 2 of "The 4400" on DVD. (heavy sigh, mock disgust) Thanks a *lot,* Mark.

Seriously, welcome to the forum! Your magazine sounds great, and I don't think I'd forgive myself if I missed such an incredible first issue.

As a TV reporter/cameraman/video editor, I'm not usually at a loss for words. Unfortunately, right now that's the case when it comes to LAUNCH!

Thanks, good luck, and cheers,
Semroc SAM #0029
NAR 86131

"I think about organizing things all the time. Never seems to happen. I find something that piques my interest and I'm off on a quest. Or a Centuri. "

--Bill Eichelberger, 02/22/2022

“Centuri fret buzz in an updated form.”
Bill “Wallyum” Eichelberger re: Estes Flutter-By
03 Sept 2014