View Single Post
Old 01-18-2018, 12:15 AM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronwolf
I can understand and agree with your "fraternal admonition" to not continue to cry over old things that no one can do anything about anymore. Water under the bridge, so to speak.....

But are you also suggesting that when people loose money to a rocketry vendor, that it is all for the greater good? This sort of thing should be tolerated? I recall you getting quite vocal over the business practices of Red Arrow Hobby and the RMR t-shirt fiasco. How does getting ripped off by Launch magazine serve the greater good more than getting ripped off by any other rocketry vendor?

Because it was "HIS MONEY" in that case... When it's someone else's money, it's "okay" and should be tolerated "for the greater good".

Theft is theft, period. Doesn't matter what the motivation or intention was. Shoddy business practices are shoddy business practices (speaking of a certain rocketry vendor here that was mentioned).

The fact that certain people will defend OBVIOUSLY UNETHICAL AND ILLEGAL behavior because it's "for the greater good", as their own twisted minds see it, reveals the nature of their character and mindset. I'm not surprised that Boy George would be first in line to defend them. I've seen his proselytizing before on the subject, as well as certain others.

I continue to 'call a spade a spade' and if some don't like it, they can choke on it for all I care. If "certain people" don't want to be called THIEVES, then it's REAL SIMPLE-- DON'T STEAL!

There's no right way to do the WRONG thing. Pretty simple, basic ideas, but clearly beyond the grasp of certain individuals. Oh well, our society is full of them-- part of the reason it's imploding on itself.

As for "water under the bridge", yes, that's true, BUT-- It never hurts to remember and point out who has a good reputation and WHO DOESN'T, and WHY... "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on ME!" If pointing out the past actions of certain individuals saves ONE PERSON from being SCAMMED by these jokers in the future, then it's worth the effort. When we just wave off such bad actions and pat the offenders on the head and give them a pass with an "it's okay, you meant well" (which is plenty easy to do when YOU were not the one stolen from) we do the entire hobby and all the good and reputable vendors in it a DISSERVICE. We give tacit approval of bad behavior and deliberately misrepresenting their intentions and thus take away or denigrate the reasons that GOOD PEOPLE FULFILL WHAT THEY'VE BEEN PAID FOR. After all, if it doesn't matter whether they delivered the product they promised (Launch magazine), then WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE if someone else doesn't fulfill your next rocketry order, or anything else in life for that matter?? WHERE DOES IT END??

So long as it's "a little dab" or "someone else's money" it's alright.... NO IT ISN'T... and the fact that some people don't get that is SICKENING...

Oh well, the prisons are full of them-- everybody in there is INNOCENT... JUST ASK THEM!

Later! OL J R