View Single Post
Old 11-24-2015, 11:18 AM
Master Modeler

Default Centuri UFO sighting

This is a cardstock / downscale combined model.

The Centuri Alien Scoutship Flying Saucer has always been one of my favorite kits. I had a couple when they came out years ago. The design to me was so well thought-out. Centuri gave us the basic flying saucer that most flying saucers have been designed on since.

So I set out to clone the Centuri UFO. I know, others have done this. I decided to take a different approach to my clone.

First, I decided to draw the elements that had originally been embossed.
Second, I down-sized the scale to fit on a 8.50 X 11.00 sheet of card stock for printing.
Third, I wanted to share this design with anyone who would like to build their own.
At the end of this build thread I will send the PDFs to Scott so he can post them for sharing. It's all right with me if anyone wants to recolor or add their own touch to the drawing. All I ask is share it here.

The size of the craft is around 75% the size of the original Centuri UFO. ( 7 inch in diameter)

I used the BT-20 engine tube. If you want to fly on a smaller engine use an adapter.
Some parts are printed on 110 cardstock, and some parts are printed on adhesive-backed shipping label paper as noted in the thread.

Here are a couple shots of my UFO sighting.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Cufo 1.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  353.7 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  20151124_094846.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  318.3 KB