View Single Post
Old 05-23-2009, 02:56 AM
Addicted Collector.. now Rockets

Default May 23 Update is Online

The trip back home to Maine was uneventful. We like them that way. But now it is jetlag time so using the earlier Saturday morning hours to update the website. Progress is definitely being made on website content. The individual kit pages are becoming obvious as a reader scans the database pages. The individual kit pages are still going through several rounds of tweaking until I like the format. Hopefully, I'm done tweaking and the current format is it. I need to focus on adding more pages now that I home and have access to the rocket collection.

Yesterday, I photo'ed many of my K kits and will use those images to replace eBay photos. I like the light blue background for highlights light colored kits.

Mojo1986 was kind enough to send me his historical pricing database and that information will be slowly transfered into the individual kit pages so folks can see if kits are increasing or decreasing in price. Let's face it, an Estes kit collection is a substantial amount of money and should be considered as a small investment beyond the fun of learning about all the old kits and owning them.

My kit collection increases every week and now totals 408. Thank goodness I am still working and can afford to pour monies into the collection otherwise I would have to sell some Liberty Seated dimes to fund the new passion.