View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 06:24 PM
Addicted Collector.. now Rockets

Default June 13 Update

Back in China once again and nearly through another round of jetlag. Being awake during early morning hours allowed for tabulating another Estes kit database update. The official June 13 update is online. The Database 1 table (kits through 1299) continues to grow in size as I add more of the K kit variations including hang tag and facecard changes in the early Pre Damon Era and Post Damon years.

You will note that Estes eBay prices are under strong pressure and are moving upwards. There are numerous new High Price entries. One major buyer has stepped in and appears to be assembling a significant collection. The Top 15 Most Expensive Kits table is now exclusively kits priced at $200 or higher. It appears to be a good time for those who want to trim back or dispose of their collections.

During the Maine home leave, I photographed many of the Estes kits and have nice images for the individual kit description pages. Those images are with me in China and progress on adding a few more individual kit pages should be noted in the next two weeks.

I'm planning to be back to USA for the July 18 CMASS Amesbury launch........can't wait!